The Cake Bake Off was a huge success under the direction of Nikki Howard, with the help of her MC, Mr. Chet Fields. The event drew 16 entries, giving the judges plenty to satisfy any sweet tooth. The sale of slices of cake after the judging raised $164. It took Norma Fernandez two days to create the Best Decorated Cake - a fully edible replica of the Gazebo, right down to the miniature airplane perched on the top.
The Winners are:
- 1st Place: Norma Fernandez, of Medley, with “Spring at the Circle”
- 2nd Place: Pat Slattery, of Hialeah, with “Greg’s Cake”
- 3rd Place: Darlene Mackintosh, of Miami Springs, with Festive Spring Rum Cake
- 1st Place: Jill M Williams, of Virginia Gardens, with “Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
- 2nd Place: Gunnar Kortenbach, of Miami Springs, with “Chocolate Bug Cake
- 3rd Place: Susan Gunn of Miami Springs, with “Mocha Velvet Cream Cake
Thanks also to the (lucky) judges: Linda Brown, Philip Balbi, “Dutch” Shelow, Miss Laurence Panadero, and Robert “Bob” Jones, and to Nikki’s assistant, Doris Sauer.